Step aerobics is one of the most popular types of exercise for group workouts. It is incredibly useful for the body, but it is popular not only for this reason, but also because it is distinguished by a variety of choreographic ligaments. Another advantage of this direction is that it is possible to practice at home. The main thing is to choose the right platform of steps, as well as to know the basics of the technique of interpretation, in order to choose the most energetic music.
This type of fitness consists of high intensity aerobic exercises with the use of a special stepped platform. It consists of performing a combination of different steps on the platform to the sound of music. The movements are more like dance than sport. They are useful for the cardiovascular system, increase muscle tone, accelerate metabolic processes, burn subcutaneous fat.
Benefits of step aerobics
Step classes have a positive multilateral effect:
- Strengthens the cardiovascular system.
- Improves the condition of the musculoskeletal system.
- Promotes weight loss.
- Improves mental health.
- Improves metabolic rate.
- Loading versatility.
These benefits have a complex effect on the whole body.
Contraindications for step aerobics
There have been studies showing that stepping is good for your joints and makes them stronger. This type of exercise is not recommended for people who already suffer from joint and vertebral problems. These include hernia, protrusion, osteoporosis and other inflammatory processes. In such situations, jumping will do far more harm than good.
High intensity exercise with high blood pressure is also contraindicated. This is because step aerobics gets you high. Patients with hypertension should generally avoid any high complexity cardiovascular load.
Types of step classes
This type of fitness is of the following types, which are suitable for a particular level of fitness:
- Basic step. It allows you to learn the basic steps specific to the step.
- Advanced stage. A more advanced load level that increases the complexity of the steps.
- Paint step by step. Basic movements are combined with more complex combinations.
- Step interval. Interval training and dance sequences combined with strength exercises.
- Double step. Classes involving not one, but two special platforms.
- No dancing. It is dance step aerobics with elements of house, disco, etc.
Absolutely anyone can step. There are no restrictions on age, gender, fitness level. The main thing is to correctly assess your strengths, gradually increasing the load. You should also take into account the contraindications described in the article. The step helps to lose weight, improve well-being, strengthen bone and muscle tissue, as well as the heart. Three one-hour workouts per week are enough.